For our first attempt at making an oven dish in the Air Fryer, I made a tasty combination of cod, fennel and a spicy curry. Add some rice and enjoy an easy, healthy dinner for two.
So for this recipe I used red curry paste, which is the most spicy of the sort. I think that’s a great combination with the subtle taste of cod. However, feel free to use a less spicy curry if you like!
I used a square oven dish of 19 × 19 × 4 cm and that fits most XXL Air Fryers. If you have a smaller Air Fryer like the Philips Viva, you can use a smaller oven dish (ours is 19,5 × 14,5 × 6 cm) and take half of the ingredients.
? Pro tip: place a rack underneath your oven dish, to make the air circulate better.
Happy cooking and let us know what you think by leaving a comment or a review!
- 350 g cod fillet
- 250 g green beans
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ fennel
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Fish sauce
- Air Fryer
- Oven dish
- Cooking pan (for rice)
- Start off by preparing the cod fillets by removing any bones and skin. Cut the green beans in half and remove the ends. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes and remove the seeds. Slice the fennel in thin strips. Chop the onion and press the garlic.
- Put everything together in the oven dish and add some salt and pepper.
- Put a cooking pan with water and a saucepan on the stove. Mix the coconut milk with the curry paste and add a dash of fish sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir the cornstarch with two tablespoons of water and mix it with the curry sauce.
- Add rice to your boiling water and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and place the dish in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes at 180 ℃.
- Add the cod fillets on top and bake for another 7 minutes at 180 ℃.