It is unlikely you know someone who has never tasted banana bread in their lives. Well, it appears Paul and I both never tried this amazing treat.
So I decided to make it in my Air Fryer and it turned out amaaazing! We are in love.
This recipe is a bit different from a traditional banana bread, because it requires almost no sugar. You can even make it completely sugar-free by replacing the vanilla sugar with vanilla extract.
You can also use gluten-free flour instead of the regular flour.
👉 Tip: I used a silicone loaf pan, but I recommend a metal loaf pan. My banana bread rose to the sides rather than upward and a metal loaf pan will prevent that.
Leave a comment or a review if you tried this recipe and don’t forget to pin it to your Pinterest.
- 3 ripe spotty brown bananas
- 65 g Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 195 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A dash of salt
- 8 g vanilla-flavored sugar
- Chocolate chips or pecans (optional)
- Loaf pan (around 18 cm to use with a large Air Fryer and preferably made of metal)
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl until they are smooth. If there are a few lumps left, that is fine.
- Add in the the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla together and mix. Then add the eggs and mix again.
- Take a separate bowl and combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to your mixing bowl and stir until no streaks remain. If you like, you can add chocolate chips or pecans.
- Now put your dough in a loaf pan. Remove the basket from your Air Fryer and place the loaf pan at the bottom. Set the timer for 20 minutes at 160 ℃.
- Check in on your banana bread and verify its readiness if a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If not, bake your bread for another 10 minutes at 180 ℃.
- After the specified baking time, let the banana bread cool for a bit. Carefully take it out of the loaf pan and enjoy the amazing taste!
- Use a metal loaf pan to make sure your bread will bake evenly. I used a silicone cake mold and the bottom of my bread was still a bit mushy. However, it tasted great!
- Replace the vanilla sugar with vanilla extract to make it sugar-free.